The Northwest Tennessee Photography Club (NWTNPC)
Invites Artists to
Participate in Our
Semi-Annual Photo Contest
All Winning Entries Will be Exhibited at
The Discovery Park of America (DPA)
Union City, TN
ONLINE ENTRY PROCESS:
- This online contest is open to amateur photographers only.
- There is no time limit of when photos are taken.
- People of all ages are encouraged to enter.
- Photographs must be original and created by the person who enters that image.
- Any geographical location of where the photographer lives or where the photo is taken is acceptable.
- You are urged to be creative.
- An experienced panel of photography judges will be selecting our winners.
There are three categories, with Wildlife being a constant in future contests. The second and third categories will always change.
- Wildlife in their natural habitat – no domesticated or zoo animals
- Bridges –anything from a footbridge to the Golden Gate Bridge
- Tools of the Trade – equipment or technology to do a job
Cash Prizes Available: $100 for first place in each category, $40 for second place in each category, and $20 for third place in each category.
To enter the contest:
- Save image you are submitting with its title for the name of your file.For example, image title is “Looking Back,”and image would be saved as lookingback.jpg.
- Register to enter at https://client.smarterentry.com/NWTNPhotoClub. There is a $5 entry fee per photograph entered.
- Upload a duplicated image that is resized to 72dpi, scaled 1024 pixels on longest side with maximum size of 2 MB.
Once the judges make their selections, the nine winners will be emailed instructions on where to upload a high resolution image that is at least 300 dpi quality, suitable for printing to 16 x 24” image size. A total of nine winning images will be selected for the Discovery Park of America exhibit that will begin in December 2019. Winning entries will be on exhibition for an approximate six month period.
June 20, 2019: Contest Begins. Online submission of entries opens.
September 20, 2019: All entries must be received to https://client.smarterentry.com/NWTNPhotoClub by 9:59 PM CENTRAL STANDARD TIME on this date in order to be considered.
October 9, 2019: Winners will be notified by this date. They must send a high resolution image that is at least 300 dpi quality, suitable for printing to 16 x 24” image size. Images will be printed on professional quality photo paper. Printing and framing of the winning entries is arranged and paid for by the NWTNPC, with individual photographers given credit for their image that is displayed at DPA. Winning images will be posted at www.nwtnphotoclub.com. Photos will only be returned by request with the owner paying for shipping costs.
October 30, 2019: Deadline for each winner to submit their large file image in order for their winning photo to be accepted is 11:59 PM CENTRAL STANDARD TIME.
December 1, 2019: Photos displayed at Discovery Park of America.
PEOPLE: Please include the name of each recognizable person, if any, in your photograph. It is the photographer’s responsibility to have the subject’s permission to enter his or her image in the contest. You must include the subject’s name and contact information with your submission.
SCORING: Each entry is assigned a score by each judge. A composite score is used to determine the overall winners of the contest. The three highest composite scores will be awarded the cash prizes.
FINAL ACCEPTANCE: Final acceptance of nine winning entries in DPA exhibit is up to the judges’ discretion after viewing the full resolution images.
AWARDS: In each category, first place will receive a prize of $100, second place will receive $40, and third place will receive $20. In addition, this is an opportunity to showcase your photographic art for tens of thousands of people to enjoy at the Discovery Park of America.
USE OF IMAGES: All entrants agree that any image they submit to this NWTNPhotoClub competition may be used for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to DPA and/or NWTNPhotoClub. This use may include, but is not limited to, publication in any printed materials, advertisements, electronic media, internet, social media, television, catalog, DVD, magazine, gallery shows, and online at www.discoveryparkofamerica.com or at www.nwtnphotoclub.com. Any image used by the DPA or NWTNPhotoClub shall carry a credit line of the artist. Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.
Please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org.